Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Daily Outfit: Halloween!






So, technically this isn't a daily outfit, but I decided a few days ago to try and put together a Halloween costume for myself...


Here you have it! Flapper-loli!

Rundown:
♥One piece: BABY, the Stars Shine Bright
♥Fur: Vintage (inherited from my Grandmother)
♥Hat: Forever21
♥Heels, pearls, tights: Offbrand

Unfortunately, as of yet I'm not sure if I'll even be wearing this costume this year. The two big events which I was invited to are both happening on the same night, and the one I'm actually going to is probably going to include something mosh-related, which I would never subject my old-school velvet BABY OP to! So that's why I'm posting it here, a few days early: I love this coord, so I have to use it for something! It'll be perfect for wintertime, though, so I'm sure I'll get to bring it out at least once this season.


And now, I leave you with my Halloween playlist- songs that capture the way the holiday feels for me: creepy and slightly psychotic with violent undertones and something that you just can't name hiding barely under the surface. I promise I'll try not to fill the entire thing with Florence and the Machine (under the cut so it doesn't kill your browser, but don't worry- they're just youtube videos!).




Murder by Death: Fuego!


 

Florence and the Machine - Howl
 

Florence and the Machine - Drumming Song

The Decemberists - The Rake's Song

The World/Inferno Friendship Society - Me Vs. The Angry Mob (who else is going to Hallowmas NYC?!)

And because I just couldn't let a Halloween post go without one of the classics...






Til next time...
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails